(This Dakar Yellow frame is ex-display and has been been fully built up but not ridden or used. Some marks from display / build up will be apparent but nothing major - please call for details).
It is brand new and sold in original box with original manufacturer warranty.
Every part of the bike has been re-thought, from front to back;
The tapered head tube is light and stiff and allows the use of lighter and stiffer forks. The head angle is 69º – the magic number for stability at speed and easy spinning. You feel real safe spinning big jumps, not too twitchy.
The front end of the bike allows room for barspins, we made sure that you don’t have to move your feet, even with 175 cranks. For the stand over we wanted to show as little post as possible without having the seat touch the rear wheel. This is purely aesthetic but makes a difference in the appearance of your build. Its still super low for can tricks and tables.
The rear end is obviously as short as possible, making the bike easy to spin and fun to manual and throw around. Its finished off with taper lock dropouts – No need to run tugs and your wheel can never move in the dropout, no matter how big you case.
This dirt jump bike frame is built from DMR heat treated, double butted Chromo and weighs in at 2.37kg.
Olly Wilkins, Team Rider/Brand Manager
Dirt Jump Bike Frame
• 26" wheel specific frame option.
• Super short rear end perfect for Spins and Flips.
• 69º Head angle for stability on high speed trails.
• Great toe clearance for barspins and X-Ups.
• Low standover for Two foot cans and Tailwhips.
• Patented Taperlock dropouts remove the need for chain tugs.
• Heat treated, double butted cro-mo tube-set.
• DMR Investment cast tapered head tube.
• Euro Threaded / BSA BB.
• Super short 390mm rear end.
• Patented Taperlock dropouts (No tugs needed, wheel can't move).
• 135mm rear hub spacing.
• Seat clamp 30.0mm required.
• 27.2mm seatpost diameter.
• Mech Hanger available for geared builds.
• Available in Dakar Yellow or Graphite Grey.
No.1 DMR SECT
8 of the best dirt jump, pump track and slopestyle mountain bikes for 2020
“British company DMR pretty much invented mountain bike dirt jumping – or, at the very least, has been around since its earliest moments. And it’s no surprise that it’s still going strong – the Sect is one of the most popular frames for dirt riders".
|Head Tube Angle
|Seat Tube Angle
|Top Tube Length
|Seat Tube Length
|Bottom Bracket Drop
|Head Tube Length
|Seat Post Size
|Seat Clamp Size
|Axle to Crown
|All dimensions in mm